Sunday, January 03, 2010

How to get Windows 7 to share a printer on a Windows 2000/XP machine

I have been getting Windows 7 to work on my PC.

By the way, Windows 7 is wonderful.

Here is the solution to a problem I have been having which I want to record so that I can refer to it in the future. Sorry that this isn't more interesting to the general populace...

Network Share not working through Windows 7 home premium:

How to fix things on Windows 7 so that you can access a Windows 2000 shared printer:
  1. Open registry editor ( Start search - regedit)
  2. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
  3. Create a new DWORD value with the following properties: NAME: LmCompatibilityLevel VALUE: 1
  4. Restart your PC and try the connection again...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for spending your valuable time in delivering the most valuable content here.I loved the way you write and suggest my friends too for getting aware of your blogs.
Pawn Shops in Montgomery

Pawn Shops in Birmingham

Pawn Shops in Mobile